[CT Birds] hummingbirds

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Thu Aug 13 15:31:46 EDT 2009

While the talk of hummingbirds is up, I also could use some help. I have been trying to attract hummingbirds to my house for 3 years now, and have been unsuccesfull. I have tryed putting up a bottle style feeder filled with nectar, as well as planted foxgolve, trumpet honeysuckle vines, salvias, and many red impatiens. I have never seen a single hummer in my yard. I do live on the beach, and even though the flowers and feeders are not on the beach side of the house, I am wondering if my location on the coast is why I have no hummers. If anyone has any ideas for me, I would be most grateful. thanks.

James Randall