[CT Birds] Hummer update-

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:18:47 EDT 2009

I an both embarrassed and happy to say that a twelve inch move forward got a gorgeous adult female to the dull feeder. It took me until about 2 weeks ago to have daily visitors...but like the rest already said, patience is the key. Now I'm trying to figure out the politics...one adult male was perched in a huge oak that overlooks my whole yard all day yesterday. He came to feed himself a few times, but mostly he was playing security.  2 aren't allowed to even touch anything in the yard, but the adult female is. I thought it was females they chase off at this time? He bee-lines right to the intruder and either hovers above in acceptance and goes back to the perch (adult female), or takes serious offense and chases them all over. And just like the last 2 days, he is on his perch now! For what its worth, mind really enjoy salvia.  Thanks for all the responses.  -Brian-