[CT Birds] prairie warbler in Lyme

Julie Keefer julie.keefer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 20:24:46 EDT 2009

We had a Prairie Warbler eating bugs in our mimosa tree today.  We also have
tons of Ruby-throated hummingbirds eating from the mimosa flowers, what is
left of the bee balm as well as the feeder.  If we have fewer than a dozen I
would be surprised.  Otherwise the birds are pretty standard, goldfinch
(lots and lots of goldfinch), cardinals, white-breasted nuthatches,
red-bellies, downies, titmice, chickadees, red-shouldered hawks, grackles,
mourning doves, and chippies.  The warbler was a pleasant change of scenery!

Julie Keefer