[CT Birds] Purple Finch;Bobolinks

etbchs at aol.com etbchs at aol.com
Tue Aug 18 10:26:11 EDT 2009

8/18/09 7:50 am and 8/17/09 7:30 pm 2 Purple Finches?drinking from?Bird Bath 1 male and 1 female (or immature). Both stayed for about an hour flufffing wings and calling to each other. 50 or more Bobolinks which?I am relatively certain are female adults and immatures.The farmer?mowed back their original breeding area and they have moved from the field off Matthews Street to?the?old orchard?behind my house. It's an amazing sight. They dip and rise throughout the high grasses mostly around 8am and again around 4pm or so. They are still around- for sure! Also just spend a few days at White Memorial Conservation Center in Litchfield with Binoc's and scope. What a place! My first time there. Amazing observations. Elaine Taylor

Bristol, CT