[CT Birds] Hurricane Bill

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:37:34 EDT 2009

>From what I've seen forecast, we shouldn't see any storm-tossed seabirds
with this storm unless the track changes. As far as I can tell we're not
supposed to be impacted by any rain or wind. All it will do is almost
certainly cancel this weekend's BBC pelagic trip from Cape Cod (sigh).

Of course there's plenty of time for the track to change so who knows. Also,
even if the storm completely misses us as expected, Bill could deposit birds
along the Canadian maritimes...some of which could scatter in any direction
as they reorient  themselves.

Nick Bonomo
Orange, CT