[CT Birds] House Finch-ill?

etbchs at aol.com etbchs at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 09:29:09 EDT 2009

I have what I believe is a very plump house finch who has been at my bird bath sipping water nonstop for days. He leaves only at night. He goes down to the food for a brief nibble and then back to the water again. He is getting larger and larger-it seems- or at least very fluffy. He looks like he will burst! I have a pic. He doesn't get frightend away if I come near. Is he ill? Should?I be concerend that he will infect others. Is there a disease that makes birds very thirsty?

Elaine in Bristol