[CT Birds] Stratford Nighthawks

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 10:20:28 EDT 2009

8/21, Stratford yard and fields across the street (Flood Middle School)-

(3) Common Nighthawks (5:30a)

I also just had another single Nighthawk at 9:50a.  Is that a strange time for one to be out??  This one wasn't really hunting like the 3 this early morning (very erratic flight, random circles and zig-zags, some circled gliding)....  it seemed to have a destination in mind.  It was rather high, high enough for the humidity to make it look like the bird was in a cloud/fog.

First new yardbird I've added in a while.  I'll have to pay attention at dawn/dusk to see if there are more.

-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com