[CT Birds] Nighthawks

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 21 19:28:20 EDT 2009

At 6:00 PM it was raining REALLY heavy here in Hamden and it was dark as heck.  At 6:00 it lightened up a little but was still raining and lightning as well.  I was surprised to see a half doz Nighthawks winging it south in the middle of this when radar showed bad weather to our north as well.
A note on the Lighthouse Pt images in Yankee Magazine.  I got my complimentary copies today and while the Redtail against the fall foliage was double page, don't go looking for any familiar faces in my shot of hawkwatchers against the lighthouse.  That shot is about an inch tall!! LOL

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin

Jim Zipp Bird Photography  www.JimZippPhotography.com