[CT Birds] Redstarts (Farmington)

Rob Ballinger robballinger at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 22 14:01:21 EDT 2009

	While watching a couple of titmice and chickadees inspect and peck
every nook and cranny on every houseplant and board on my deck (and carry
off the moss from a bonsai pot) I caught sight of a new yard bird, 2
	Also a juvenile (or adult with gender issues...or male molting into
female-esque plumage if they do that) ROSE BREASTED GROSBEAK at the feeder
suggesting that the local pair fledged at least one young.
	A sharp-shinned hawk would be welcome now to thin out the huge crop
of house sparrows dominating the feeder.

Rob Ballinger