[CT Birds] Ruddy Shelduck in Hamden

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Aug 24 17:34:49 EDT 2009

I suspect that this is the same Ruddy Shelduck that has been reported here and there for several months.  I saw it, or another, on May 2 at Pickett's Pond in Osbornedale State Park, Derby.  If I have this web photo thing working a few of my pics from that day - nothing great, just documentation - can be found at the link below.  I had close looks but saw no bands on that bird.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RoyHarveyCT/RuddyShelduckOsbornedale?authkey=Gv1sRgCMqo54Dj97H67wE&feat=directlink

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT