[CT Birds] yellow jackets & hummer feeders

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 24 17:35:46 EDT 2009

Sandy, Those little yellow grids that are called bee guards are more like bee landing pads!  We hate that kind.  The saucer type feeders that require a long tongue to reach the nectar will occasionally attract a few bees but they "typically" don't hang around long and users rarely report any problems while the type you are talking about almost always do in summer.  Hope that helps as I don't know of anything else that does.

Jim

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
www.fatrobin.com