[CT Birds] yellow jackets & hummer feeders

recoverywing at cox.net recoverywing at cox.net
Mon Aug 24 18:52:36 EDT 2009

I switched to saucers years ago. The inverted bottle style holds way too much solution, drips and is very difficult to keep clean.

 My favorite saucer feeder is called the humzinger and as long as you fill to the line below the top you will not attract bees. Plus the ports are built in and are not yellow so not as attractive to them in that regard as well.

Everywhere I look on our property these days I see a hummingbird. The juveniles are very entertaining with their silly antics, while the adults are all about gaining fat and finishing their molt.

Jayne Amico/Southington