[CT Birds] Lighthouse on Monday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:16:46 EDT 2009

Perfect weather conditions at the Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch (steady
NNW wind, mild temperatures, great background clouds) yielded five migrating
raptors and many more locals.  Migrating were:  2 Red-tailed Hawks, and one
each Merlin, American Kestrel, and Northern Harrier.  In addition, 99
Chimney Swifts, 68 Cedar Waxwings, 139 Bobolinks, 25 Rew-winged Blackbirds,
25 Eastern Kingbirds, and 3 Loon species headed south.
--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4