[CT Birds] all day seabird & whale cruise from Plymouth

Carol Carson krillcarson at mac.com
Tue Aug 25 16:32:34 EDT 2009

Hello: Tickets are still available for this all day marine cruise
that benefits a local nonprofit organization, the New England Coastal
Wildlife Alliance.

Seabird and Whale Tale Excursion

Sunday, September 13, 2009

8 am to 4 pm

Leaves from Plymouth Harbor for waters off Cape Cod and the
Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary

Join us for an all day, marine wildlife cruise to support marine
education and wildlife conservation. The New England Coastal Wildlife
Alliance (NECWA) with assistance from Mass Audubon South Shore
Sanctuaries, Capt. John Boats and Bridgewater State College are
hosting the fall 2009 edition of a fundraising event called Seabird &
Whale Tales.

During our excursion offshore, enjoy commentary from our wildlife
experts including Wayne Petersen (Mass Audubon Society), David Clapp
(Natural History Services), Joanne Jarzobski (Capt. John Boats) and
Dr. John Jahoda (Bridgewater State College). Travel aboard the Tails
of the Sea, a 110 luxury commercial whale watching vessel owned and
operated by Capt. John Boats out of Plymouth, MA. View seabirds,
seals, whales, dolphins, basking sharks, ocean sunfish and more.

Leave from the Plymouth Town Pier at 8 am and return by 4 pm. Trip
activities include a plankton tow and demonstration, chumming for
seabirds and a free onboard nature-themed raffle.

Tickets: Pre-Sale $90 and then $100 after August 31, 2009. To learn
more about this trip or to download the registration form, go to

Or for more information, call Krill Carson at 508-946-4345. Space is
limited so register early. Group rates also available.

All proceeds from our Seabird & Whale Tale excursions go to support
the many projects and activities conducted by NECWA, a registered 501
(c) 3 non-profit organization.

Thank you, Carol Krill Carson

President, NECWA

cell: 508-566-0009