[CT Birds] Tranced Heron

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Aug 25 21:18:28 EDT 2009

Dennis,

I have seen Yellow-crowned Night-Herons in a similar pose twice, both from the tower at Milford Point in mid to late summer.  The second time I got some really lousy digiscoped images, but they do give some idea of the pose.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RoyHarveyCT/YellowCrownedNightHeronPosing?authkey=Gv1sRgCJzonqf0yZrtoAE&feat=directlink

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT