[CT Birds] LPP Hawkwatch Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 12:35:13 EDT 2009

8/28 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - Only three migrating
raptors counted this morning:  1 American Kestrel and 2 Osprey that went.
However, we were entertained by 2 local Cooper's Hawks (juvies) perching and
flying near us.  Small migrants included 14 Bobolink, 10 Red-winged
Blackbirds, 69 Cedar Waxwings, and 28 DC Cormorants.  In the park we counted
4 Blue-grey Gnatcatchers, and Gina Nichols reported seeing LINCOLN'S
SPARROW, Red-eyed Vireo, Black and White Warbler, Brown Thrasher, RT
Hummingbirds, and others of the usual suspects.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm