[CT Birds] LPP Hawkwatch Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 12:35:13 EDT 2009

8/28 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - Only three migrating
raptors counted this morning:  1 American Kestrel and 2 Osprey that went.
However, we were entertained by 2 local Cooper's Hawks (juvies) perching and
flying near us.  Small migrants included 14 Bobolink, 10 Red-winged
Blackbirds, 69 Cedar Waxwings, and 28 DC Cormorants.  In the park we counted
4 Blue-grey Gnatcatchers, and Gina Nichols reported seeing LINCOLN'S
SPARROW, Red-eyed Vireo, Black and White Warbler, Brown Thrasher, RT
Hummingbirds, and others of the usual suspects.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4