[CT Birds] “How to be a birdwatcher” September 3 at Sherwood Island State Park

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:21:07 EDT 2009

I know most of the people who use this listserve are already skilled and amazing birdwatchers,but,for those who are new to this hobby(some might say obsession) or if you're just curious,come for the last evening lecture of the season and find out first hand how I got started birding and "the flight I took" to being able to ID the Western Meadowlark at Sherwood Island.I look forward to seeing both  new and familiar faces this Thursday evening.
Tina Green
Friends of Sherwood Island board member

Friends of Sherwood Island State Park

Release date: August 31, 2009
Event date: September 3,2009
“How to be a birdwatcher” September 3 at Sherwood Island State Park

The last in a series of Thursday-evening lectures will be held on September 3 at 6:30 pm at the Sherwood Island State Park Nature Center. The lectures are free, and after 6:00 entrance to the park is free.

The topic will be “Taking Flight and Getting your Wings – how to be a birdwatcher.” Tina Green, Westport resident and bird lover, will talk about why, where and how she got into bird watching. At Sherwood Island she has found usual and unusual birds, as well as a rarity (a Western Meadowlark.) A newcomer to the hobby herself, she will provide tips on how to get started.

The Nature Center is open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm. Each day there are scheduled activities for children and nature walks for all. The Center is a partnership between the CT Department of Environmental Protection and the Friends of Sherwood Island State Park.

For more information, visit the Friends website: www.friendsofsherwoodisland.org.