[CT Birds] September in general

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Mon Aug 31 22:06:32 EDT 2009

Hi Folks

I have records for 316 Species in September

Below are records without specific Days

1902 Leach's Storm-Petrel Torrington (According to Sage and Bishop)
1906 Leach's Storm-Petrel Torrington (According to H. K. Job)

The National Weather Service has a list of all tropical and extra
tropical storms (of which I made a copy)
In 1904 there was an extratropical storm on September 15 (no help there)

1874	Dovekie	Wallingford (Tropical Storm Sept 29 and 30)
1876	Sooty Tern	Guilford, Falkner's Island (Tropical Storm Sept 19)
1879	Sooty Tern	Stamford (No Tropical Storms)
1879	Rough-legged Hawk	Stamford
1880	500 Passenger Pigeon	Bethel

1880	Common Nighthawk Guilford, Sachem's Head “Large numbers ...in a
broad band that extended from horizon to horizon...”

1883	Rough-legged Hawk	Old Saybrook
1886	Eskimo Curlew	New Haven, West River Marsh
1887	Red Phalarope	Portland
1902	Passenger Pigeon	Bethel
1904	Piping Plover	New Haven Harbor
1935	Common Nighthawk	Guilford "Several Hundred"
1996	Tricolored Heron	Madison, Hammonasset St. Pk.
1996	Lesser Black-backed Gull	Stratford, Seawall

xxxx	Snow Bunting Stamford