[CT Birds] CACC

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 16:25:17 EDT 2009

9/2  Milford
On the way to Audubon Coastal center, I peaked at the Milford  duck pond
and the Ruddy shelduck was still there at 9:35AM.
At CACC,  10 A.M.-12 noon,  70-75, sunny, high  tide
A warbler that I could not identify( grayish/olive  green back, nape, head
with bright yellow stomach, breast & chin, white  eye ring and dark eye.) in
the arrowhead viburnum and flitting around the  thickets.
50-75 house sparrows, 2 house finches, 1 song sparrow,  grackles, starlings,
1 Red winged blackbird,  4 Cardinals (2 males, 1 F, 1  juvenile), 7 mute
swans, cormorants, 1 chicadee,  1 chimney swift fly over,  1 house wren, 1
northern flicker, 1 catbird, 1 F. ruby throated hummingbird, 2  blue jays,
1 Juvenile yellow crowned night heron.
One juvenile Osprey sat on the nest camera for the 2 hours  that I was
there.
Also several little brown mice or rats running around the  marsh area.
I didn't get to see the whimbrels or marbled godwit, but one  visitor did
report the godwit.