[CT Birds] Common raven - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 3 09:27:04 EDT 2009

Walking to the main house from my summer cottage here in Washington, CT, before 9 AM today (Thursday, 3 September 2009), I heard a common raven. I had not heard any local ravens for a while so it was nice to hear one. Cyrus, the raven was between your dad's house and our property. Ravens are doing well in CT, they seem to be just about everywhere now. Have never had a raven on my June bird count or on my local Christmas Bird Count. My local American crows must have been somewhere else, they were not chasing the raven about. Crows do not like ravens and one must keep that in mind when one hears a mob of crows, they may be after a raven rather then a red-tailed hawk.

David W Babington
Washington, CT