[CT Birds] Tennessee warb and more ...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 3 22:13:55 EDT 2009

Today, from 6 to 6:30pm, just sitting in my Harwinton yard at 1,000 feet elv, whilst sipping tea, I counted the following:

197 NIGHTHAWKS flying low, heading North.(they do that)
160 GRACKLES feeding within the trees - unusual here.

>From the setting sun climbing up the trees this evening, many warblers were catching a late meal before migrating on in tonight's clear windless skies. They were all seen flycatching from the
sun lit tree tops.
8 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER
1 PINE .......... both nest here.
2 YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER
3 REDSTART
1 BAY-BREASTED WARBLER
1 TENNESSEE WARBLER ......both migrents.

Paul Carrier