[CT Birds] Lighthouse on Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:23:57 EDT 2009

>From Dana Campbell and the crew:
9/4 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - with wonderful steady
NNW-NE winds up until around 2 p.m. we counted 54 diurnal raptors migrating
including:  2 Bald Eagles (one fourth year bird and one first year bird), 3
Peregrine Falcons, 2 American Kestrel, 26 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 4 Cooper's
Hawks, 14 Osprey, and 2 Northern Harriers.  Also migrating were: 2 Common
Nighthawks, 1 Red-throated Loon, 37 Bobolinks, 101 Cedar Waxwings, 2
Ruby-throated Hummers, 186 Chimney Swifts, 61 Red-winged Blackbirds, 3
Purple Martins, and 5 Barn Swallows.  Tree Swallows were massing in the p.m.
hours, but few were migrating.
Thanks to Don Morgan, Lynn James, and Dori Sosensky.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4