[CT Birds] Lighthouse on Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:23:57 EDT 2009

>From Dana Campbell and the crew:
9/4 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - with wonderful steady
NNW-NE winds up until around 2 p.m. we counted 54 diurnal raptors migrating
including:  2 Bald Eagles (one fourth year bird and one first year bird), 3
Peregrine Falcons, 2 American Kestrel, 26 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 4 Cooper's
Hawks, 14 Osprey, and 2 Northern Harriers.  Also migrating were: 2 Common
Nighthawks, 1 Red-throated Loon, 37 Bobolinks, 101 Cedar Waxwings, 2
Ruby-throated Hummers, 186 Chimney Swifts, 61 Red-winged Blackbirds, 3
Purple Martins, and 5 Barn Swallows.  Tree Swallows were massing in the p.m.
hours, but few were migrating.
Thanks to Don Morgan, Lynn James, and Dori Sosensky.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm