[CT Birds] Night, Nighthawks

Carol Bauby gypsy.carol at charter.net
Fri Sep 4 20:08:47 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

We saw the NIGHTHAWKS last night too but they were flying west to east
in a steady stream over our yard in Harwinton, closer to route 8 and the
Naugatuck River valley than you.
Tonight, however was a different story.  There was some kind of an
insect hatch - looked like small ants (very small) with wings, all over
the place, especially thousands in our pool and in our hair.  Eastern
Kingbirds and others were having a big feast.  Along came the NIGHTHAWKS
and they were very low and kept changing directions.  We think they were
feasting as well.  Your thoughts everyone?

  ~Carol & Tom Bauby