[CT Birds] Warblers, etc - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 5 10:11:32 EDT 2009

I noted a bit of bird activity about 9 AM or so today (5 September 2009) by my summer cottage on our property here on South St in Washington, CT. A quick look out my window at the birds revealed that the birds were most likely warblers. I stepped outside to mini fallout of warblers. While most of the birds were high up in the trees and not staying still too long to get a good look at them I was able to ID some: magnolia warbler, black-throated green warbler, and American redstart. The warbler group quickly moved on so I walked around the houses here to see what else might be around. About 10 cedar waxwing were on the top of an old oak tree by the main house here. I stopped in the main house briefly and then noted an amazing number of chipping sparrows on the lawn outside the main house. I counted at least 25 chipping sparrows, with most being young birds. I look forward to other reports from folks today on other warbler fall outs in CT.

David W Babington
Washington, CT