[CT Birds] Yellow-throated vireo, etc - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 6 11:45:30 EDT 2009

Fairly silent and quiet with birds here in Washington, CT this late AM (Sunday, 6 September 2009). Went for a walk along the Shepaug River here in Washington late in the AM in the Hidden Valley section of the Steep Rock Preserve. Not much to report from here except a small group of cedar waxwings hawking for insects along the river. When I returned to home here on South St here in Washington I briefly heard a yellow-throated vireo. While I was tempted to do a bit of hawk watching today at Chestnut Hill in Litchfield because of the back door cold front that passed by last night, I decided it was still a bit early for decent numbers of broad-winged hawks to be coming through.

David W Babington
Washington, CT