[CT Birds] Monday Morning Kingbird No

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Sep 7 09:02:54 EDT 2009

Word has reached me that the possible Gray Kingbird reported yesterday has not been seen this morning.

I have not seen the photos from yesterday, nor am I particularly qualified to judge them, but apparently there is some disagreement on whether they - or one of then, at least - rule out Gray Kingbird.  Being fooled by a poor photo is not unusual, and it sounds like none of these are good.  On the other hand, the clearest structural feature for identification of Gray Kingbird is the relatively massive bill, and I am told one of the photos shows a bill that does not match.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT