[CT Birds] lots of cones

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Thu Sep 10 17:29:01 EDT 2009

For what it's worth, I was just noting to myself in the past week or so how
thick the White Pine cones are in the Waterbury area. Then I was at Great
Pond in Simsbury and we noticed the same thing. Of course any boreal
conifer-seed-eating birds we might hope to see in winter will respond to the
situation in the far north. But if Red Crossbills stage a flight this
fall-winter, they should find plenty to eat around here.

Greg Hanisek