[CT Birds] lots of cones

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 10:21:34 EDT 2009

Jim

I also noticed some spruces here in Northern CT full of cones as well, but not to the extent of White pines. The spruce and fir plantings on Canaan MT at 1,400 plus/minus feet also had a good number of cones, though some trees were bare.
A possible good winter finch year here if the situations are favorable. Although a banner crop in the boreal forests up north might be good enough to keep them there all winter, as is usually the case.

Paul Carrier