[CT Birds] lots of cones

Craig Repasz crepasz at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:09:12 EDT 2009

 The White Mountains of NH are also full of cones for pine, spruce etc. Other trees like Mountain Ash are full of fruit. Not exactly a "mast" year but stuill abundant. Birch catkins are low.  It would be interesting to see how the winter finch distribution pans out this winter. It is about this time of year we get the "Finch forecast" from Ron Pitiway in Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario.