[CT Birds] RT Hummers (where are all the adult males??)

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 14:22:05 EDT 2009

RT Hummers (where are all the adult males??)

Of course there are probably still some around, but generally,  the males
leave before the females.  I had 1 adult and three juvenile males  in my yard
this August, but I have not seen any of them for at least a week now,
which is very normal timing here.  I also have not seen a female for a day  or 2
now, and the 10th of September is often the late date for me.  I have,
however, had females appear in mid-October and stay as late as October  20th.
Generally they go for my flowers that are still in bloom and ignore  the
feeders I put out for them.

Don Morgan
Coventry