[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:13:32 EDT 2009

9/11 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - No migrants were
counted today.  There were some Osprey flying around in the rain, and when I
left at Noon in the pouring rain (came back at 2:00 but it was still
pouring!) there were three Merlins in one tree.  They were so chummy, that
they must have been a family group.  Early in the morning I saw one of them
catch a Swallow.  There was a mass of around 200 miscellaneous Swallows and
Swifts roaming the property hawking insects, but they were not going
anywhere.  Among the Tree Swallows were a few Cave Swallows, Barn Swallows,
and at least one or possibly two Cliff Swallows.  About 20 Chimney Swifts in
the mix.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm