[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:13:32 EDT 2009

9/11 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - No migrants were
counted today.  There were some Osprey flying around in the rain, and when I
left at Noon in the pouring rain (came back at 2:00 but it was still
pouring!) there were three Merlins in one tree.  They were so chummy, that
they must have been a family group.  Early in the morning I saw one of them
catch a Swallow.  There was a mass of around 200 miscellaneous Swallows and
Swifts roaming the property hawking insects, but they were not going
anywhere.  Among the Tree Swallows were a few Cave Swallows, Barn Swallows,
and at least one or possibly two Cliff Swallows.  About 20 Chimney Swifts in
the mix.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4