[CT Birds] Westport sightings

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:13:00 EDT 2009

9/11-Westport (5:00-6:34PM)

       Not expecting much,but ever hopeful,I ventured out into the wind and rain late in the day to a few of my usual spots.

Sherwood Island-(next to the bridge on the Nature trail)-1 GREEN HERON

Burying Hill Beach-1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER,1 YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHt-HERON,1 BELTED KINGFISHER,2 GREAT EGRETS

Southport Beach-2 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS,6 LEAST SANDPIPERS,5 SNOWY EGRETS

Compo Beach-10 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS,40 RUDDY TURNSTONES,24 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS,11 SANDERLING,7 SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS,3 LEAST SANDPIPERS

Tina Green

Westport