[CT Birds] Stratford Warbler hits/Wheatear

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 14:09:29 EDT 2009

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
09/13/09 - Stratford, Sikorsky Airport -- 1 adult male NORTHERN WHEATEAR
continues as of 12:30.
Stratford yard -- 1 immature MOURNING WARBLER, 1 BAY-BREASTED WARBLER, 1
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER.
Stratford, Stratford Point -- 1 PALM WARBLER (first southbound bird in CT?).

Other yard migrants included 11+ American Redstarts, 4 Magnolia Warblers, 3
Northern Parulas, 2 Black-and-white Warblers, 2 Common Yellowthroats, 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird, and 1 Red-eyed Vireo sticking around the biggest
group.

There was also a Northern Harrier near the airport. I was hoping to find
another warbler hit or two at the Point, but after I took the shoreline loop
a Cooper's Hawk was eating something Robin-sized in the upland area. This
was definitely the best day here thus far for warblers during southbound
migration.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Connecticut Audubon Society