[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill (Litchfield) Hawk Watch, Sunday, 13 September. good broad-winged hawk flight

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 13 18:29:09 EDT 2009

We had a good flight of broad-winged hawks at the Chestnut Hill (Litchfield) Hawk Watch today, Sunday (13 September 2009). Despite heavy cloud cover at the beginning and end of our count period (10 AM EDST to 4:30 PM EDST) we had some good northwest winds during heart of our count period. From 1 till 4 PM broad-winged hawks came through without a break. Our tally for the day is below:

Osprey - 2
Bald Eagle -1
Sharp-shinned hawk - 12
Cooper's hawk - 1