[CT Birds] just an airport anecdote

Sharon Abner sharonorganist at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:03:15 EDT 2009

I was thinking how nice it was that we were free to see the wheatear at Sikorsky Airport even on the 2nd week of September.  A few years ago my sister and I were driving around the Kansas City Downtown airport (a smaller airport, not the main one) to see the western kingbirds that perch there, when we were stopped by a security man who was quite alarmed by our frequent stops and binoculars.  Not that I blame him really.  He wasn't very easy to convince until my sister just went on and on about the wonderful kingbirds and their range and he gave in!

In case you're ever in that area in the summer, we (and the kingbirds) have been there more recently without upsetting anyone!

Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital tv's.