[CT Birds] hummingbirds

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:56:03 EDT 2009

I noticed the absence of my hummers today too.  I saw one everyday since July 16th until today.  The last 2 weeks they didn't even leave the yard and were really filling up... chugging for several seconds instead of sipping.  However, I did see a juvenile at my buddy's house at the bottom of my hill this morning.  Perhaps a new batch moved in as the others moved out the the good winds?  I hope so because I'm not ready to say goodbye yet!   -Brian Webster- Stratford