[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawkwatch

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Sep 15 08:38:53 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Yesterday we managed to tally about 2,500 Broad-winged Hawks for the day. Quite a spectacle, as many came in and kettled quite low over the site as the day progressed. I think today we should be well set for another good morning. There's only a small window to get to see this Broad-winged phenomenon so if you have the day free why not head down here and join in the fun. I put up a link to a picture of our early Golden Eagle record on my blog that were taken by Benjamin Van Doren for those that were interested (a few seem to have been just on the earliness of the date).

Luke Tiller, Wilton
www.underclearskies.com