[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill (Litchfield) Hawk Watch, 15 Sept 2009

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 15 19:33:02 EDT 2009

Another good broad-winged hawk day at the Chestnut Hill Hawk Watch in Litchfield. Good northwest winds We had clouds which only got to be a pain in the late afternoon. Weather conditions for Wednesday do not look too good for hawk watching but we will see. The Chestnut Hill Hawk Watch tally, for 9:45 till 5PM, is below:

Osprey - 3
Bald eagle - 5
Northern harrier - 1
Sharp-shinned hawk - 5
Cooper's hawk -1
Broad-winged hawk - 1,191
American kestrel -2

We may owe a certain Bethany hawk watcher 50 cents if the above broad-winged hawk total holds up as the high for broad-winged hawks at Chestnut Hill for 2009.

David W Babington
Washington, CT