[CT Birds] Stratford Merlin

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:52:06 EDT 2009

9/16, Stratford yard (8:30a)-
(1) Merlin flying rather low overhead, heading southwest.  This is my second Merlin for my yard, the last being one I photographed perched in a dead tree on 1/03/09.
Also 2 Ospreys flying pretty much the same direction, a couple Redstarts flittering around with one lone Yellow-rumped warbler on the wood edges, and a group of 8-12 Canada geese that have been foraging in the field across the street EVERY morning for the last 10+ days.  They are gone by like 9:00a.... very strict schedule.
In addition, an adult Sharpie flew in front of my truck in hot pursuit of a flock of cowbirds that were feeding next to the road,(if I was driving faster I probably would have hit it) just past Paradise Green in Stratford. (heading north).  (Around 8:00am)
-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com