[CT Birds] hummingbirds

Barclay, John john.barclay at uconn.edu
Wed Sep 16 10:50:42 EDT 2009

We had a female hummer using our feeder, phlox and honey suckle flowers off and on yesterday afternoon (Sep. 15). Her tameness suggested she may be one that raised a brood here this year. However, competition at the feeder from aggressive yellow jacket wasps were obviously a big aggravation to her which has not been the case most of this summer.
Jack Barclay, Westford (Ashford)