[CT Birds] eBird HotSpots

James Restivo jbird7480 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:43:02 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I volunteered (for better or worse!) to be the eBird HotSpot Manager for all of Connecticut. As such, I've spent some time going through the HotSpot suggestions over the past year or so. If you submitted a HotSpot and haven't seen it show up in eBird yet, it should be showing up soon!

In addition to reviewing HotSpot suggestions, I'm also trying to clean up current HotSpots; e.g. move them to match the actual location of the HotSpot, combine duplicate HotSpots, clarify HotSpot names, etc. If you have any suggestions in this regard, please don't hesitate to email me.

Just a few notes from what I've seen so far. It's important to mark the location of a HotSpot suggestion as close as possible to the actual mapped location. This will make it easier for other users to submit their observations from the same HotSpot, and easier for me to determine if it's a new and legitimate HotSpot. Also, HotSpots should be publicly accessible. Restricted areas can count as HotSpots under certain conditions, but backyards don't count!

Thanks, and happy eBirding!

James Restivo

Somerville, MA via Mystic, CT