[CT Birds] Northern Flickers

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 12:51:35 EDT 2009

I can continue the flicker reports.
I was in the field at Flood Middle School in Stratford (only for about 10 minutes before the kids came out for P.E.) and there were 3 flickers on the ground in the center of the field.  Another 2 were perched on top, and the side of a lightpost next to tennis courts.  One the group was on the infield of a softball field.
Other birds in that 10-15 minutes span were:
(1) Cooper's hawk
(1) unidentified accipiter
(6) Broad-wings (3,2 and 1... the single one was low and calling)
(4) Killdeer
Still not one hummingbird since Saturday.  Its such a change after being garaunteed a visitor every trip out back.
-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmail.com