[CT Birds] Southwest wind at LPP...yet...

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:05:09 EDT 2009

>From the Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch on Friday:
On a steady SW wind with clouds coming and going, 37 migrating raptors (12
Osprey, 1 Northern Harrier, 9 Sharpies, 4 Coops, 1 Broadwing, 8 Kestrels, 2
Merlins.)  Also making the trip into the headwind were:18 RT Hummingbirds,
132 Cedar Waxwings, 29 Tree Swallows, 2 Chimney Swifts, and 4 DC
Cormorants.  Thanks to Lynn James, Dan Barvir, and Ralph Amodei, plus a few
guests.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where
she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
 Happy are those who live in your house, ever singing your praise."    Psalm
84:3-4