[CT Birds] Bald Eagles

The Audubon Shop birdshop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 14:31:07 EDT 2009

 From Jerry Connolly and Scott Roxbrough:
8/19 - The Audubon Shop in Madison -- 3 Bald Eagles -----Madison to New
Haven via US 1 note... one adult and one immature occurred over the
store at 12:44 PM.  We immediately called Dori Sosensky at Lighthouse
in New Haven to alert her to two birds heading her way.  She called
back 45 min. later with what may have been the same two birds.
Interestingly, six years ago we had a similar experience with Dori and
a juv. Golden Eagle in which she called back with what was thought to
be the same bird 45 minutes later!  We logged more than 20 raptors (6
species) today just by looking up when loading bird seed into customers
cars.  I'm convinced the birds are utilizing US 1 as a landmark/guide!

The Audubon Shop
907 Boston Post Rd.
Madison, CT  06443

203-245-9056
US toll free 888-505-9056
fax  203-245-8235
www.theaudubonshop.com
email:birdshop at sbcglobal.net (preferred)

Shop Hours:  M-Sat 10am-5pm ET   Sundays 12-4pm ET