[CT Birds] Stratford Boothe Park 9/19

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 19:07:50 EDT 2009

Boothe obviously suffered the same fate as all the other hawk watches - not
a cloud in the sky. I was there from 9 to 5:40, and I would say about 80% of
the birds could not be seen without bins or a scope. Nevertheless, we had a
very solid day. It was quiet until 11, and we found most of our raptors
between 1-3. The near-freezing temperatures tonight and potential afternoon
SW flow should make for an interesting day tomorrow.

Observers: Charlie Barnard, Brian Webster, Larry Flynn, Penny Solum, Frank
Mantlik, Scott Kruitbosch, 1-5 at various times. More observers or visitors
are definitely welcome, and thank you everyone.
Duration: 8.67 hours

Raptor migrants (not counting our many residents):
1 Black Vulture
21 Turkey Vulture
17 Osprey
7 Bald Eagle