[CT Birds] Bluff Point 9/21

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 11:09:44 EDT 2009

from Glenn Williams w/Carolyn Cimino and six or so others:
9/21 - Groton, Bluff Point -- MOURNING WARBLER, TENNESSEE WARBLER, 2 NASHVILLE WARBLERS, BROWN THRASHER  about 100 warblers of 12 species

The hot corner was slow and the few birds coming through were uncooperative for the most part, though the flight lasted a bit longer than yesterday.  Most birders left the corner early and I did not meet up with them again, so I don't know if other things were seen that I missed.  I suspect a majority of the unidentified flyovers were Blackpolls.

Selected Totals:

Yellow Warbler - 3
Magnolia Warbler - 3
Black-throated Blue Warbler - 1