[CT Birds] Black Vulture

spee girl mentionthistome at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:31:36 EDT 2009

Cedar Lake Area (Chester)

A Black Vulture has been around our neighborhood for about a week now.  Sadly, it's clear that it's been domesticated (not afraid of dogs and hangs out at the door).  It appears to have been clipped and no one has seen it airborne higher than the roof of a one story house.  Yes, I am fighting the urge to feed it and I have no plans to keep it, so please no chastising.

I'm planning on contacting a rescue organization in Deep River (via ct.gov's website) who is licensed to handle this baby.  However, I wanted to see if the CT Birding community knows a better place for this bird to 'land'.

Thank you in advance for your help.

sarah spencer