[CT Birds] Volunteer needed to lead bird walk in Fairfield this Saturday

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Sep 21 14:47:23 EDT 2009

The Fairfield YMCA and the Fairfield Conservation Department are having an event on this Saturday, September  26th in Fairfield to celebrate the publishing of "Walking Through Fairfield's Open Spaces " a guide to open space trails written by Frank Rice a volunteer for the conservation department.   They asked me to lead a walk, but I will be out of the state on Saturday morning.  I suggested that she get in touch with The Connecticut Audubon Society, but they have an event that day and don't have anyone who could lead the walk.  If anyone is interested in helping out with this event, please get in touch with Maureen, whose contact info is below.  Below also is some additional information about the event.

The event will take place from 9:00-12:00noon at Ash Creek tidal estuary and open space. We are hoping to have guided tours and kayak tours, and a book singing. We will also be planting native plants that we hope will qualify us to register as a Monarch weigh station. They are having a terrible time finding some one to help with birding...

Maureen L. Scinto

Program Director Aquatics

Fairfield YMCA

841 Old Post Road