[CT Birds] Stratford Birding Festival

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 17:09:06 EDT 2009

I have been interested in this event since I received notice of  it from
Maria Stockmal and the New Haven Birding Club.  However, since I am  one who
will have to drive 90 miles to get there and am not intimately familiar  with
Stratford, perhaps its appropriate that I point this  out.
Nothing I have seen including the downloadable files or the  Festival web
site provide any directions or maps to get to any of the  activities.  In
some cases (because I have birded there quite a bit) I am  familiar enough with
the area that I can figure out where to go.  However,  I don't think the
organizers should assume that everyone that might come from  out of town (and
I assume they would welcome such people) knows the area even as  well as I
do, some may have never been there before.  In particular, there  is a Great
Meadows Marsh walk to kick off Saturday morning, and I have no idea  where
they would meet for that. I wonder if even local residents could be  sure.
I'd like to offer the suggestion that in the less than 2 weeks  remaining
they update the website, etc., to include that information for all  events.
In the meantime -- where the heck does the GMM walk  meet??
Don Morgan