[CT Birds] Lincoln's sparrow

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 08:43:57 EDT 2009

9/23, Powerline-cut next to Flood MS field, Stratford (8:00a)-

(1) Lincoln's sparrow with 4 Song

I felt a bit left out of the Lincoln loop with all the reports from around the state.  Lincoln's sparrow is my favorite (after Harris's I saw in ND last Sept), and my life Lincoln was in VT this spring.... so this is a great CT bird for me.

Also in the tangles and wood-edges were 3 Redstarts and a single first year Blackpoll that really put my Peterson's Warbler guide to good use.

-Brian Webster-
Stratford, CT
b.webster at hotmai.com